Price: Free with zoo entry
Dates: 9th - 13th October 2023
This event is for school groups and home educators learning at a KS2 level.
Join us to learn all about the rainforest at London Zoo’s KS2 Rainforest Week!
Visit the vibrant Rainforest habitat, where a Learning Officer will welcome your group and provide your students with materials to help them spot the Rainforest animals that lie within.
To enhance your experience at the zoo, we’ll send you additional resources before your trip. These materials will help you plan a Rainforest-focused route around the Zoo and give you ideas for maximising your Rainforest learning opportunities and making the most of your day.
For those looking to extend their learning, we offer the option to book a 30-minute Rainforest workshop led by one of our expert Learning Officers. These workshops provide an in-depth look at the critical issues affecting this vital habitat, and how students can take action and become advocates for its protection.
What’s included with zoo entry
- Drop-in engagement activities in the Rainforest habitat
- Resources sent to you before your trip to help you plan a Rainforest-focused route around the zoo and maximise your learning
- Support from the KS2 Senior Learning Officer before your trip
- Option to book a 30-minute Rainforest workshop delivered by one of our Learning officers, subject to availability
- Rainforest workshops available during Rainforest Week at 10:30, 11:15, 12:00 and 12:45.
- There is a maximum of 35 students per workshop.
- If you are a home educator and would like to book in a rainforest activity, please email us at [email protected].
How to book
If you’d like to join us for Rainforest Week, you can book a trip to London Zoo between 9th – 13th October, stating in the booking form that you’d like to partake in the Rainforest Week activities.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].