Our opening times are seasonal and change slightly throughout the year.
Paying visitors need to pre-book their tickets in advance. Paid tickets grant visits any time after the time shown on your ticket, with last entry times below. Further visitor information is available here.
Members, Patrons and Fellows do not need to pre-book on any day at the moment and can visit during opening hours up until the last entry time. Have special access requirements? We offer relaxed, early opening for those with autism and other neurodiversity conditions.
London Zoo is normally open every day of the year except Christmas Day.
|31 October 2022 - 10 February 2023||10am||3pm||4pm|
|11 February 2023 - 25 March 2023||10am||4pm||5pm|
|26 March 2023 – 3 September 2023||10am||5pm*||6pm*|
|4 September 2023 – 29 October 2023||10am||4pm||5pm|
|30 October 2023 – 9 February 2024||10am||3pm||4pm|
|10 February 2024 – 28 March 2024||10am||4pm||5pm|
- Last admission is one hour before advertised closing time.
- Some animal exhibits may close up to 30 minutes before closing time.
- *Last entry/Closing time on selected dates may be affected by special events. Current plans are for 02/06, 09/06, 16/06, 23/06, 30/06, 07/07 and 14/07 to close at 5pm instead of 6pm.
- For your security, bag checks will be carried out as you enter the Zoo. Please have your bags ready for checking. Thank you for your co-operation.
Opening times for our on-site eateries and cafes
- Coffees and hot drinks are available from our Barista Bar, next to The Terrace Restaurant, from 10am until the Zoo closes.
- The Terrace Restaurant is open for eat in or take aways from 11.30am - 2.30pm year round.
Bag checks in progress
We always want to make sure that London Zoo is a safe and secure place to visit. In line with increased security measures being implemented across the UK, we will be carrying out bag checks at the Zoo entrance. We would also recommend, wherever possible, you leave large bags at home.
Terms of entry
- Permission must be obtained for all filming and photography for commercial purposes.
- Children under 16 will not be admitted without an adult.
- Bicycles are not allowed on Zoo premises.
- Rollerskates, rollerblades and skateboards are not allowed on Zoo premises. Children's scooters are permitted as long as they are supervised by an adult. No adult scooters are allowed on site.
- Heelys roller shoes must not be used as skates, but may be worn as shoes.
- View full terms of entry here.