Our opening times are seasonal and change slightly throughout the year.
Paid tickets grant visits any time after the time shown on your ticket, with last entry times below. Further visitor information is available here.
Members, Patrons and Fellows do not need to pre-book and can visit during opening hours up until the last entry time.
Have special access requirements? We offer relaxed, early opening for those with autism and other neurodiversity conditions.
London Zoo is normally open every day of the year except for Christmas Day when we will be closed.
|30 October 2023 – 9 February 2024
|10 February 2024 – 28 March 2024
|29 March 2024 - 1 September 2024
|2 September 2024 - 27 October 2024
|28 October 2024 - 14 February 2025
|15 February 2025 - 29 March 2025
|30 March 2025 onwards
- Last admission is one hour before advertised closing time.
- The Zoo will close at 5pm on 7, 14, 21 and 28 June and 5, 12, 19 and 26 July 2024 for Zoo Nights.
- Last entry and closing time subject to change due to special events.
- Some animal exhibits may close up to 30 minutes before closing time.
- We always want to make sure that London Zoo is a safe and secure place to visit. In line with increased security measures being implemented across the UK, we will be carrying out bag checks at the Zoo entrance. We would recommend, wherever possible, you leave large bags at home. As well as bag checks we will be carrying out person screening upon entry and we have various other security measures you cannot see. If you see something suspicious please call us and report it on 0344 225 1826.
Opening times for our on-site eateries and cafes
- Coffees and hot drinks are available from our Barista Bar, next to The Terrace Restaurant, from 10am until the Zoo closes.
- The Terrace Restaurant is open for eat in or take aways from 11.30am - 2.30pm year round.
Bag checks in progress
We always want to make sure that London Zoo is a safe and secure place to visit. In line with increased security measures being implemented across the UK, we will be carrying out bag checks at the Zoo entrance. We would also recommend, wherever possible, you leave large bags at home.
Terms of entry
- Permission must be obtained for all filming and photography for commercial purposes.
- Children under 16 will not be admitted without an adult.
- Bicycles are not allowed on Zoo premises.
- Rollerskates, rollerblades and skateboards are not allowed on Zoo premises. Children's scooters are permitted as long as they are supervised by an adult. No adult scooters are allowed on site.
- Heelys roller shoes must not be used as skates, but may be worn as shoes.
- View full terms of entry here.