The Friendly Spider Programme is fully booked for 2023 and 2024
Type of place
This experience is wheelchair accessible.
Thank you to our supporters who expressed interest in our 2024 Friendly Spider Programme sessions. Tickets are now sold out. Please scroll down to express interest to receive an email when our 2025 dates become available.
Do you have a spider phobia?
Millions of perfectly rational people are terrified of spiders. No matter how much they try to calm themselves, the response remains the same: sweating, nausea, panic, rapid heartbeat and worse. But spiders are harmless and extremely beneficial invertebrates whose survival depends on avoiding such large, lumbering threats as ourselves. Join us for a session with a hynotherapist and zookeeper, and let us help you overcome your fears.
Curing spider phobia: what's involved
- An afternoon course designed to ease or eliminate the condition of arachnophobia.
- The course is a combination of cognitive behavioural therapy and hypnotherapy.
- Opportunity to speak to our spider expert and an expert hypnotherapist.
The course takes place in our meeting rooms. No animals, photographs or illustrations are used until the end part of the course.
Download our guest pack for full details:
Register your interest
The 2023 and 2024 dates for the Friendly Spider Programme are fully booked.
Please register your interest to be notified when dates for 2025 are available:
Price and dates
- £150 per person.
- A 30% concession rate is available for senior citizens, registered students, persons on income support and under 16s.
- 3 pm on selected Saturdays from April to September.
- If you wish to visit the Zoo during the day, admission tickets must be purchased separately here.
Know Before You Book
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. Adult guardians must sign the consent form included in the guest pack. Accompanying adults do not need to pay for a place.
- One non-participating support person allowed free entry.
- General admission to London Zoo, if you wish to visit before the Programme commences, is not included and must be purchased seperately
- We recommend wearing loose comfortable clothing
- Please arrive on time, we advise guests to arrive at least 15 minutes before the programme begins
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information