18th - 22nd March
Price: Free with zoo entry
This event is for school groups and home educators learning at a KS2 level.
Why do camels have humps? How come flamingos stand on one leg? Find the answers to these questions and many others at London Zoo’s KS2 Adaptations Week for schools!
During this week, we will have additional drop-in activities on site for school groups, themed around animal adaptations and linked to the KS2 national curriculum.
To enhance your experience at the zoo, we’ll send you additional resources before your trip. These materials will help you plan an Adaptations-focused route around the Zoo and give you ideas to maximise your learning opportunities and make the most of your day.
For those looking to extend their learning further, we will have a limited number of adaptations-themed zoo tours available each day, delivered by one of our Learning Officers.
What's included with zoo entry
- Drop-in engagement activities themed around animal adaptations
- Resources sent to you before your trip to help you plan a route around the zoo and maximise your learning
- Support from the KS2 Senior Learning Officer before your trip
- Option to book a 45-minute Adaptations zoo tour delivered by one of our Learning Officers, subject to availability
Zoo tour information
- Zoo tours will be available during Adaptations Week at 10:30, 11:30 and 12:30.
- There is a maximum of 35 students per tour.
- Please note that while we cannot guarantee what animals will be seen on the tour, we generally focus on the orange zone of the zoo.
How to book
All KS2 groups that book a trip to London Zoo during the Adaptations Week event will be sent resources ahead of their trip.
To check availability and book a zoo tour, please contact us at [email protected].