9am on selected Fridays throughout the year
Type of place
Disability carers will be given access to the enclosure free of charge.
Unfortunately, wheelchair access is not available for this experience. Please see below for more details.
Additional costs may apply, advance booking is recommended!
Meet our biggest reptile
Ever wondered what it's like to work with a Komodo dragon day to day? Now's your chance to step into a keeper’s shoes and head behind-the-scenes for a truly unique experience!
Komodo dragons are the biggest lizards in the world and have looked exactly as they do for the past million years! Sadly though, they have recently become endangered.
Come and experience what it's like to be a Komodo dragon keeper for a morning and learn all about these incredible animals, and the work we do to protect them from extinction.
Arriving at 9 am before the Zoo opens, join one of our experienced Komodo dragon keepers as they take you through their morning routine, giving you personal insight and the opportunity to ask lots of questions. You'll get mucked in, lay a scent trail, and prepare one of only two big meals they have each month! See how even reptiles have distinct personalities.
Zoo admission is included so that you can spend the rest of the day exploring the rest of the Zoo and it's 15,000 animals.
- £110 per person including Zoo admission
- Those with disabilities can be accompanied by an essential carer to support them during their experience. Essential carers can enter the experience area free of charge but do not take part in the experience. Should you require an essential carer please put this information in the participant information form at checkout.
Know Before You Book
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age to take part.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years old, who also has a valid Komodo Dragon Experience ticket.
- You must wear appropriate closed toe footwear to take part in the experience.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers cannot participate.
- For participants with additional needs, please contact us on [email protected] for advice before purchasing. Unfortunately, wheelchair access is not available for this experience due to steps and space limitations in the behind-the-scenes areas.
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information