London Zoo Lodges are open on select dates year-round.
An accessible lodge is available for guests with disabilities
Stay overnight at London Zoo - the ultimate experience for animal lovers!
Set in the heart of London Zoo, enjoy a night's escape from the bustle of London without even leaving the city, and discover what happens at the Zoo after dark.
Join us for exclusive after-hours tours before bedding down for the night in a private lodge, within roaring distance of our Asiatic lions. Both adult and family night options are available for the perfect staycation! Please note that adult night participants must be 14 and over, and children must be 5-13 years old for family nights.
Special festive edition of the London Zoo Lodges exclusively between 18 - 30 December!
Experience the ultimate Christmas getaway at the London Zoo Lodges, where the magic of the holiday season meets the wonder of wildlife. Our lodges offer a unique and enchanting escape for those seeking a festive adventure like no other.
The overnight Christmas stay will treat animal-loving families to after-hours tours of the conservation zoo and its incredible creatures along with delicious food, mulled wine, hot chocolates, toasted treats and exclusive gift giving activities - including a special present for all children attending on family friendly nights.
What's included in the London Zoo Lodges experience?
- A complimentary drink upon arrival
- Two exclusive after-hours tours of London Zoo at sunset and after-dark
- One exclusive tour in the morning after breakfast, including a meet and greet with a keeper
- An overnight stay in a private lodge - double or twin bed, en-suite, complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities
- A delicious two course dinner and buffet breakfast
- Free entry into London Zoo for two days either side of your night's stay. You are also welcome to visit Whipsnade Zoo on your second day
- Free car parking (this is valid upon showing ticket confirmation at car park entrance)
- Exclusive 15% discount on our Meet the Animals experiences (Meet the Monkeys, Meet the Meerkats, and the Giraffe Keeper experience)
- 10% discount in the gift shop and restaurant
Where will I be staying?
Our lodges can be found in our Land of the Lions habitat, next to our Asiatic lions.
Inspired by the welcoming charm of hotels in the lions' native Gujarati home in India, our beautifully decorated lodges have a traditional feel and are each themed to a different animal found living with the lions in the Gir forest.
Each lodge has an en-suite bathroom with a shower, and a private veranda so that you can sip your bedtime tea whilst listening to the sounds of the Zoo at night. Free Wi-Fi can be accessed within all nine lodges.
- Five double lodges are available: Langur lodge, Flamingo lodge, Oriole lodge, Parakeet lodge and Peacock lodge
- Four twin lodges are available: Leopard lodge, Chital lodge, Sunbird lodge and Kingfisher lodge
- One accessible lodge is available for guests with disabilities: Leopard lodge
- Comfy beds with soft linen and pillows
- Sofa bed with linens (for children on family nights)
- Kettle with selection of hot drinks
- En-suite bathroom with toilet, basin and shower
- Toiletries and other additional items available upon request
- Free Wi-Fi
Leopard lodge is a DDA approved fully-accessible lodge and features a walk-in shower and more spacious bathroom facilities. A hoist is also available upon request. Please note that the lodge does not have a full size sofa bed so can only accommodate a maximum of two adults and one child.
When booking online, the accessible lodge can only be booked as a twin. If you would like it converted into a double, please add a note to your booking form or email us.
If you would like to book the accessible lodge please discuss with us when you book. Guide dogs are also welcome to stay with notice - please contact us on [email protected] to arrange.
How much does it cost to say over at London Zoo?
Prices start from £197.50 per person (based on twin share) with each additional child place £65 each.
We run both Adult only and Family nights, which have a similar structure, however, our host team will tailor the talks and activities on the tours for our younger guests on Family Nights.
On our adult only nights, guests must be aged 14 years or older. Each lodge can accommodate a maximum of two adults (or one adult and one young adult).
|Lodge Pod - 2 adults sharing||Prices from £197.50 per person|
|Lodge Pod - single occupancy||Prices from £276.50|
|Disabled person and carer (30% discount)||Prices from £138.25 per person (£276.50 per lodge)|
On family nights children must be aged 5-13 years old.
Each lodge can accommodate a maximum of two people plus an additional two children. Additional children in each lodge will sleep on a pull-out sofa bed.
|Lodge Pod - 2 adults + 1 child sharing||Prices from £150 per person|
|Lodge Pod - 2 adults + 2 children sharing||Prices from £128.75 per person|
|Lodge Pod - 1 adult + 2 children sharing||Prices from £150 per person|
Unfortunately children under five years old are not able to attend on any night.
Price for each additional child is £65
Is there a discount for Gold Members for this experience?
ZSL Gold Members, Patrons and Fellows receive a 10% discount on this experience. Please enter your CRM ID in the Offer Code box. Please note that discounts cannot be used in conjunction with each other and must be booked with our Supporter Services team on 0344 225 1826 or email us.
Upgrade your stay
Celebrating a special occasion?
Our London Zoo Lodges are the perfect place, whether you're celebrating an anniversary, birthday or just treating yourself.
- For those looking to celebrate with some bubbles why not add a bottle of prosecco (£25) or champagne (£45) to your stay which served during your evening meal.
- And when it comes to birthday celebrations, we provide the perfect upgrade to your dessert, offering a slice of our mouth-watering chocolate fudge cake at just £5.50pp. Please note this upgrade will be in place of your dessert.
These celebratory treats can be purchased when you book, or give us a call on 0344 225 1826.
Enjoy an animal experience
Make your stay at London Zoo even more memorable by taking part in one of our animal experiences!
Guests staying in our London Zoo Lodges get 15% off our Meet the Animals experiences (Meet the Monkeys, Meet the Meerkats, Meet the Penguins, and the Giraffe Keeper experience). These experiences need to be booked online in advance - call us on 0344 225 1826 to upgrade your stay.
What food and drink options are there for my Lodge stay?
Upon arrival to your lodge you will receive a complimentary drink to enjoy as you get settled in. Following your sunset tour you will make your way to our restaurant for a delicious dinner. In the morning, enjoy your breakfast listening to the sounds of the animals waking up.
Our meals offer a selection of dishes which are sustainable, seasonal and sourced as locally as possible.
To ensure our chef has everything ready for your visit, you will receive a pre-visit email at least 2 weeks before your stay that will include a dinner form. When you receive this, please take a look at the dinner menu and let us know your preferences. You can also include any special dietary requirements that you may have so we can get these prepared for you. We can cater for vegetarians, vegans, and a variety of allergies.