12 pm or 2:30 pm
Type of place
Become a VIP and step onto Penguin Beach, where our penguins will waddle over to meet you! Find out everything you've ever wanted to know about penguins in the largest penguin habitat in the UK.
- 20 minutes on Penguin Beach meeting our inquisitive penguins
- Discover more about this amazing species by our expert staff who will introduce you to our colony
- Lots of photo opportunities with our friendly penguins
- Please note that you will not feed the penguins. They have a special diet which is very smelly and we wouldn't want you smelling bad for the rest of the day!
- Tip: Penguin Beach is different to other beaches, so instead of flip flops we ask that participants wear closed toe footwear for this experience and please avoid wearing skirts.
To help us protect our penguins and to prevent the spread of avian influenza, participants will be asked to wear shoe covers or wear our provided wellies before entering our penguin encounter area. Please avoid direct contact with poultry or game birds in the 14 days prior to your experience. If you have contact with poultry or game bird within this time frame, please contact us.
Before you book meet the penguins
Important information before booking your Meet the Penguins experience:
- Children must be at least 8 years of age and be accompanied by an adult who must also purchase a Meet the Penguins experience ticket. There must be no more than 2 children per adult.
- General admission is not included and must be purchased separately.
- You must wear appropriate closed toe footwear for the experience.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers cannot participate.
- Please arrive on time to ensure that you are present for the health and safety briefing.
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information
Please note that the experience is closed for several weeks from mid-July until mid-August to allow our penguins to go through their annual moult.